I am using Iliad for the configuration of my GSM Basestation (another blog entry will follow) and the response time has not been that great when showing a lightbox (e.g. the one from todolist example). I wanted to see where Iliad is spending the time and potentially improve the performance of either GNU Smalltalk or Iliad.
Iliad uses controller methods of applications to dispatch requests to stateful widgets. When the user intracts with widgets, they will be updated with AJAX requests.
Controllers are oftenly used to get a domain object from the request's url, and store it in the application.
We are happy to announce the release of Iliad 0.9.1 for GNU Smalltalk, Pharo and Squeak.
This is a bug fix release.
Download & installation instructions can be found at http://www.iliadproject.org/pages/Download.
The website also received some love and is now wearing a new design.
Happy Iliad hacking,
Nicolas Petton & Sébastien Audier
We are proud to announce the release of Iliad 0.9.
- several improvements in Formula, including number input support
- a Better detection of dirty widgets to avoid rebuilding widgets several times
- iliad.js can be enabled/disabled with iliad.enableAjax() / iliad.disableAjax()
- improvements of the API for redirection links
- the initial redirect in the dispatcher has been removed
- support for even/odd columns in ILDatagrid
- as usual, a lot of bug has been fixed
Iliad 0.9 is available for GNU-Smalltalk, a Pharo port will follow.
You can install it using gst-package:
gst-package --download grease -t ~/.st gst-package --download iliad -t ~/.st
Sébastien and I are spending the week in Genova, Italy.
We try to leave our computers from time to time to visit the coast of Liguria and the city. Portofino was absolutely beautiful.
We still find some time to hack on Iliad ;)
If you're near Genova and want to have a beer, let us now!