GNU Smalltalk 3.2.5
By Holger Hans Pet... - Posted on April 11th, 2013
GNU Smalltalk 3.2.5 has been released at
SHA1 checksum: 4dd77b769131527add276ded01666e089da3b8b1
SHA1 checksum: 0eb5895b9b5bebe4f75308efbe34f8721fc2fd6b
This is a minor release, mostly consisting of bug fixes.
This is the list of changes in this release:
- Add Delay>>#value:onTimeoutDo: as an easy way to timeout an operation.
- Improve Delay and millisecondClock behavior across image save and restore. millisecondClockValue is guaranteed to be monotonic across image save, and delays are restarted when the image is restored.
- DateTime>>#today will return midnight of the current timezone.
- DateTime has a new method #asLocal.
- DateTime>>#readFrom: can read more time formats.
- Time resolution is now based on nanoseconds.
- Absolute-time delays (Delay>>#untilMilliseconds:) are precise and not anymore converted to relative-time delays.
- package.xml files support a tag, like . It can be used to make package.xml clearer for large packages.
- MethodDictionary is now thread-safe.
- String>>#% supports string keys, like %(string). They can be used when the argument of #% is a Dictionary or LookupTable. Note that the keys of the dictionary must be Strings, not Symbols.
- Socket fixes including reporting of EndOfStream on broken pipes and connection resets.
- Fix the FileDescriptor finalization code to close open descriptors.
- The system file descriptor of FileDescriptor is set to nil on image restore.
- The asynchronous event notification has been rewritten. The old version could fail when many file descriptors became available at the same time.
- DBD-Postgres gained support to bind parameters on queries and various fixes to allow to resume images that use Postgres.
- Images created with gst-remote can now be resumed.
- Add #system:withArguments: to avoid using #system: with #% to add arguments.
- Added Integer>>#printPaddedWith:to:.
- Added CharacterArray>>#withShellEscapes
- Added Collection>>#includesAllOf:
- Stream>>#fold: works correctly.
- 64-bit integer types are available using CLongLong and CULongLong.
- gst-blox and gst-browser understand the -i/--rebuild-image option.
- GObject errors show backtraces.
- Improvements to multiarch support.
- CType objects implement #= and #hash, so they can now be used as keys in a dictionary.
- Floating-point numbers are printed more accurately in some rare cases.
- Some optimization of OrderedCollection and SortedCollection
- Selectors starting with an underscore are treated as keyword messages.
- A new function gst_uint_to_oop is in libgst, and uintToOOP is also provided by the VMProxy.
- Growing the heap is working again.
- Various bugfixes.
- GNU Smalltalk does not run anymore on i386 hardware, an i486 is needed.
- Slightly faster garbage collection.