GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4
By Paolo Bonzini - Posted on March 22nd, 2011
GNU Smalltalk 3.2.4 has been released at
SHA1 checksum: 6b164e145c1118ad74770bb15614478d47f55523
SHA1 checksum: 75b7077a02abb2ec01c5975e22d6138b541db38e
This is a minor release, mostly consisting of bug fixes.
This is the list of changes in this release:
- Autoload is extended to allow plugging in arbitrary loaders.
- Array items in a CStruct didn't work, this is fixed now.
- DLD could have problems when the same library was requested multiple times.
- Errors in the bind() system call were not detected correctly; this has been fixed.
- Fixes for platforms with 113-bit long doubles.
- Fixes to Delay in the presence of delays with the exact same expiration.
- Fixes to the HTTP package, including correct flushing of POST requests and doesNotUnderstand exceptions when the host did not exist.
- GLUT bindings now build correctly under Windows.
- Many smalltalk-mode improvements.
- New methods: TextCollector>>#critical:,
- nil can be passed to a C function accepting a #cObjectPtr (i.e. void **) argument.
- SocketAddress>>#allByName: returns nil now, instead of an empty array, when getaddrinfo succeeds but returns no address for the requested address class.
- SocketAddress>>#byName: returns addresses for the default address class when the receiver is SocketAddress (and not a subclass).
- Support for older versions of GnuTLS.
- Swazoo's static content serving was broken and has been fixed.
- The NetClients exception ProtocolError now includes the erroneous response. Similarly, the package includes ProtocolNotification which is used, for example, for HTTP redirects.
- Updated the Squeak/Pharo fileout parser.
- Updated VisualGST.