GNU Smalltalk 3.2.1
By Paolo Bonzini - Posted on July 25th, 2010
GNU Smalltalk 3.2.1 has been released at
SHA1 checksum: 98c97b77eb32972aa5dfa2ab4a76502d858ce7c4
SHA1 checksum: 285049def8b3e3aa1824510e141b4e0edbababe6
This is mostly a bugfix release, though it does have a few visible changes.
- Fixed bugs in the distributed gnu-smalltalk.pc file.
- Improved portability to Solaris.
- Many bug fixes to UDP sockets. In particular, datagrams received from a socket can be placed directly onto another socket using #nextPut:.
- Each test in the testsuite has a 1-minute timeout.
- All built-in packages can be disabled with a configure option like --disable-gdbm or --disable-complex.
- All tools support --verbose.
- Many improvements and bugfixes to VisualGST.
- The undocumented DynamicVariable class in GNU Smalltalk 3.2 is now documented, but it had a small change in the implementation. The #defaultValue class method is not present anymore, and is replaced by #valueIfAbsent:. Subclasses can override #value to obtain the effect of #defaultValue. The class has also been rewritten and is much faster now.