GNU Smalltalk 2.95d
By Paolo Bonzini - Posted on September 13th, 2007
The release can be downloaded from
The new release includes the following changes:
- Bugfixes from 2.3.6.
- Rewritten DBI library with support for MySQL and Postgres, contributed by Mike Anderson.
- The ZLib deflation stream was rewritten and supports partial flushing.
- Added parser written in Smalltalk for GNU Smalltalk 3.0 syntax.
- Faster package loading, does not need InfoZIP anymore except when building gst.
- Stricter argument check for #copyFrom:to: and #copyFrom:.
- The documentation generator used during the build is also installed as gst-doc.
- Late binding of variable names allows a single Eval to load an external file and refer to a class defined in that file.
- Added new Sport package.
- SUnit testsuites can access variables defined on the command-line to gst-sunit.
From now on, the 3.0 branch is considered feature-frozen.