GNU Smalltalk 3.0.1 can now be downloaded at the following URLs
The following is a list of fixes. Thanks to everyone who reported the bugs:
- `gst-package --list-files' emits file paths relative from the current directory. The --destdir and -t options are rejected. --list-files supports options --load and --test.
GNU Smalltalk 3.0 has been released at
The release was tested on the following systems:
Thanks to Stephen Compall, Thomas Girard, Robin Redeker for help and testing of this release!
News from 2.3.6 to 3.0
(Changes from the last release candidate, 2.95h, are listed later.)
The release can be downloaded from
The new release includes the following changes in addition to many minor bug fixes:
- Added symbolic link creation to File.
- Pipe FileStreams use OS pipes or socketpairs instead of a pseudo-tty.
- Fixed bitrot in the debugger.
- Fixed bug where ~= was computed incorrectly as = (e.g. 3 ~= 3.0e).
- Fixes to File and Directory for Windows.
- Fixes to MIME message parsing, UTF-7 encoding and XPath.
- Added #% as a shortcut for CharacterArray>>#bindWithArguments:.